Create a Website In A Day-Learn WordPress
You want a great website.
You need it up ASAP.
You want to learn to Do It Yourself!
WordPress is a free, opensource content management system. One out of six websites is built in WordPress. It is easy to learn, has a 1 click installation on your host server (the hosts I recommend) and is fluid and expandable.
Learn WordPress - so that:
- You can make your own changes
- Change your images whenever you want
- Add new images
- Add a shopping cart, PayPal free payment system
- Create a landing page when you have a new promotion
- Add as many bells and whistles as you can think of
- Or none at all
- Do It Yourself!
I love creating WP websites and teaching clients how to do it themselves. I'm an art teacher, artisan, and designer. Let me help you get your website up in a day - 3 to 8 pages EZ.
- Assistance with domain name registration
- Web hosting set-up
- WordPress installation
- Theme options
- Optimal plugins and widgets
- Contact form
- Blog (if you want)
- SEO and Google Analytics (if you have a gmail account)
- Social media linkage
I love making websites! So creative, colors, fonts, images and brain candy challenge of figuring out how to do x, y and z. I also love teaching other people how to update the websites we create; how to use them in innovative ways to help their business or passion thrive. Although I've been making websites for more than a dozen years, I've only been doing WordPress for the last two. And the more I use WordPress, the more I show others how to use it, the more impressed I am by the content management system's ease And flexibility.
Using http://www.w3schools.com/ for the rare coding needed, my students and I are sailing along setting up WordPress websites with Open Source software (FREE),
- WordPress ofcourse is open source and has a vibrant growing community
- Filezilla is a useful ftp program when you Have to get something from your computer to your host server
- Notepad++ is a sweet little code editor - love the colors
- http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/ is an online image editor that has layers and can do everything from headers to downsizing images
- there are more...
I decided to create a new product, WEBSITE IN A DAY, which includes not only making the website but WordPress education and three months of followup tutoring.
CONTACT ME FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION! Lindy Flynn, 208-610-9113
Check Out EZWordPress4U – WordPress DIY
You can make a WordPress website with these step-by-step instructions. Each link goes to a blog page that talks about
- Domain Name and Web Host
- Loading WordPress onto your host server
- WordPress dashboard
- Set some General Settings before you get going
- Picking a WordPress theme
- Pages and Posts, what they are and how they work together on your website
- Images - how easy it is to add images to your pages and post
- Plugins and Widgets, what they are and how they work together to add expanded capabilities and fun to your WordPress website